Based on my experiences as CD of the 2M Nats event the past two years, I'd have to say, yes you are definitely missing something: A lot of fun (primary reason) and a real challenge at a premium flying site. Oh wait, wasn't the original poster of this topic the guy that stood on the site of the cradle of civilization and could only observe that one could only fly slope in three directions there?
   Looking forward to two more days of challenging fun in 2008,
Jim Deck