I thought the High End looked pretty good..
But since it's an F3J glider, I didn't expect the fuse to look like anything
but thin.  The thing to appreciate is the wing.
That's the tool, that is what we are flying, and it's the part that changes the
most.
Look at a full scale glider.. The fuse really hasn't changed much. But the
wings have gone through some big changes over the years. As it did with model
glider's.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Some pilots really don't care what they look like, as long it does the job. And
wins contests. For some pilots, it's all about looks!
It's the same with the flying characteristic's. Some gliders are exciting to
fly, Some are boring. Like the Pike Perfect. It's like an old Emerald in it's
prime.. It really does the job. But isn't very exciting to fly. When I fly for
fun, I want more excitement. More lively performance.  But in competition, I
use what will work in the conditions I am faced with. I have a couple of
Sharon's, A Pike Perfect, and a Espada RL! I think I am covered!
Now if our daily temperatures would get above 40, and some of this snow would
go away, I could actually fly!!!
I hate winter!
Merry Christmas!
Cheers