On the subject of resisting down to F3B "strength":

I understand the argument and rationale. But.... This is a problem. F3B
winches are very well built and designed. They are very efficient. The
motors selected for use are already very close to the resisted number.
We play all kinds of games with drum size to keep the motor/drum
turning. If it weren't for the mono, we'd get virtually no launch at
all.

The typical club winch with all kinds of slop in the drum, and about 4
miles of braided nylon (creating about a 6 inch drum, and a very short
drum making the line buildup quickly, the line pulling up on the draggy
fan belt style brake, and a retriever dragging the whole thing down...
resisted all the way down to F3B resistance.... Well...can you say
stalled winch?

Again - I understand the rationale, and it is very logical. But not
practical. I think you'll find that some testing is in order to figure
out what the resistance numbers should be for a typical club winch
configuration.

I do hope that the SWC guys took this into account.

Darylperkins.com LLC.
1600 McCulloch Blvd. 5B
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

www.darylperkins.com