Correct me if I am wrong.
What I am hearing is if there are over 40 SS system turn-on at the same time,
the 41th one won't be able to send out signal. It won't shut down other
people's plane but just cannot fly your own plane.

 -Kai
※ 引述《"GordySoar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>》之郵件內容:Okay I expected the guesses and
opinions and assurances.

Let's take this one first:
 But, seriously, are you expecting over 40 sailplanes to be in the air at
one time at a typical club field?

Those who posted this implied 'everything will be okay' rationale don't attend
big events where the problem has never been a conflict of planes in the air, we
have clips and impounds and channel assignments for those.  The guys who have
2.4 fell in love with them especially because they didn't "have to worry about
pins, clips and impounds any more" . Now you can just pull up put your plane
together, turn on and fly...even on Visalia Friday.  There is a lot more than
50 guys with sailplanes wanting to fly, assemble, program etc on any given
major contest day. On is on, regardless of if the models are in the air.

ON means transmissions.  How is the CD gonna handle 2.4 count and amounts when
their owners feel they are safe to turn on at any time?  Back to pins on this
time they represent count instead of freq channel?  1 thru 39?

The next one that I didn't see addressed is the 'mixing' part...what happens
when you have Futa, Xtreme, Spectrum, Airtronics, and the Chinese show up
together...regardless of numbers.

Then there is this one:  Ed asked :"Why don't you organize a test "
Why would I?  My hobby is to build and fly sailplanes, my job is to sell beach
cleaners. Ed, why don't you ask the suppliers of 2.4 stuff to work for their
pay?  Why haven't you? You post assurances and promote as if you have some cash
interest in 2.4.  You repeat hearsay about a heli event with 500  pilots and
then guess at how many TX's were turned on at the time, using it as some
'proof' that the deal is done.  Do you have a clue as to how much parking alone
it would take to host 500 pilots?  I think before repeating that 'proof' you
might want to investigate it instead of just repeating it.  I know the source,
that doesn't make it valid.  Are you going to tell me that less than 40 guys
had their TX's on all at once with 500 on the field?

So far at best 2.4 sort of works, if the install is just right, if the models
materials are cooperative and 'should' work fine with other 2.4 systems..as
long as their aren't too many TX's on at one time....but no one has come up
with control system to protect against or even determine who will be turning on
in the pits.

So what's the skinny....how many of you realized that it is possible to be shot
down with 2.4, that less than our current 50 TX's can be running at once and no
one is too sure about how many of a mix of brand systems are safe?

Was just wondering that's all :-)?

Gordy
Glenwood Springs Co

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

--
Kai Yang
Novas Software, Inc.