On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 07:00:46AM -0800, AJ Bhatta wrote:

| Hi guys: I am trying to finish a EPP Banshee sloper
| (TuffPlanes)before this weekend. Any advantage to
| using Ultracote for covering versus the usual Zagi
| type finishing tape?

Looks better.
Lasts longer.
Perhaps very slightly more aerodynamic.

Another thing I like to do with the zagi-style wings is bury the
pushrods.  Instead of have the servo arms stick up, I have them stick
down, and drill/melt a conduit for it in the foam so the servo arms
and most of the pushrods are buried (and straws make nice tubes), and
it comes out of the foam closer to the elevon.  The combat guys do
that because it makes the plane more resiliant, but it's also sleeker
and looks better.  And it's easy to do.

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.