Project 2: Boomer EX2 DHLG. This was almost ready to go, got delayed over
getting smaller radio RX and an Azaar antenna for it, then weather, then other
distractions. I think I also may have accidentally killed the custom battery
pack I had made for it, if that turns out to be the case, gotta wait more for a
new pack. My hobby money is a trickling allowance I get, everything else goes
to family expenses and savings, as it should, but that means I have to scrimp
for 2 to 6 weeks for purchases most guys here wouldn't blink over, like a servo
or battery pack. So I do a lot of improvising and buy lots of
scratch-and-dent. I don't mind a long slow building season, I have the time
since flying
season here is only good for me about 3-4 months anyway.

Project 3: 2M Klingberg wing, done up to look like Northrop jet powered
bomber, in silver monokote with Edwards AFB test plane markings. Darn aileron
linkages were always messed up, the original in-wing system had slop and
binding,
so I tried pushrods first on the bottom, which is bad news after the first
landing,  then the top, which was ugly and draggy, so  they've been re-done
three
times, finally being redone with direct-drive microservos and RDS. Top of wing
has the covering stripped to enable the surgery.

Project 4: Kyosho Soarus 2-meter, repairing crash damage, upgrading the speed
600 motor/ ESC and making a polyhedral and an aileron wing for it, was
waiting on old parts, I built this plane up from independent pieces found at
scratch
and dent sales, a common theme for all my hobby work. Actually I have three
Soarus blow-molded fuses, which are attractive, light and rugged as a ball bat,
I love 'em, and have set one up as a v-tail poly which looks very pretty
indeed.

Project 5:  Scratch built a Steve Shumate bluecore foam blue angels F-18
pusher from plans just last year. My second successful plans-built project so
far.  Really just needs the vertical stabs and yellow trim put on after the
aileron linkages are made and set up. I may have killed the only lipo I have
for
this plane by leaving the radio RX on all night by mistake while running off to
some family emergency of the moment. Was adjusting the second speed control in
it after the first one turned out faulty and accidentally flew the  unfinished
plane off the bench when it armed by mistake, cracking the prop, (more
delays), and I left it on overnight. Have tried to charge that lipo once since
then
and got an error message but will try again a time or two because the problem
may have been something else. Darn battery took 8 weeks to save up for, too
:-P  While I was fiddling around, they up and changed all the lipo battery
formats on me so they now have separate plugs for charging and discharging, so
I'm
saving up for the Equinox balancing unit for my Triton charger. Also afraid of
crashing this one on the maiden flight, but as long as the radio and drive
systems are not hurt, the foam is dirt cheap, and I have enough left to make 5
more. When the weather sux, I don't feel pressure to finish building because
what's the point, can't fly, then it gets nice for a day or so and I get
feeling
all antsy that I have nothing ready to go except my beloved Multiplex hitec
Sky Scoter and Air hogs planes and chopper.

to be continued

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.