We have some new members that need some help understanding the aerodynamics of
flying a radio controlled sailplane.

When I was young, very young, I had the luck and honor to hook up with the
local Air Patrol. They had a glider program for their members and I joined,
went through ground school and trained in full scale gliders. The ground school
helped me understand flight.

I further studied slow speed aerodynamics in my last year of high school (1970)
in an independent learning class. Both of these helped me when I started flying
RC Gliders, so I was not afraid to do it.

I think that new flyer's sometimes feel intimidated by the the concept of
learning flight and this inhibits their learning curve. I hope to create a
ground school for new flyer's to give the a firm foundation before they start
flying. We could also use it as a presentation at local hobby shops as an
introduction to RC Soaring. This should be in plain english, not too technical
so as to scare them away.

I found some power ground schools but nothing directed toward RC Soaring
specifically.

Does anybody have something out there?

I also posted the same message on RCGroups.

Thanks,

Dennis Hoyle
WMSS / Secretary
AMA #SNut