Weather was as predicted, light winds, warm temps...same for pilots, well
warm but not so light :)

The Orlando Buzzards sent their best, Pompano Flyers too....Tangerine champ
Ingo had 147" of Shadow warmed up and Mike Popescu had his extended Pelican
fully charged ready for battle.

Me?  World's Heaviest Carbon Supra Light had to fight for every second  of
air.  It was clearly a day when light weight was going to make a  difference,
so
I showed up to a gun fight with a knife.

The no dork rule was in place, which is, no lawn dart endings.  And if  you
weren't very careful, the soft sand was more than willing to capture the
plane's noses.

Skegs were pretty much voided by the soft sand.

But this one  was won in the air.  I missed a minute in three of 7 rounds,
and picked up  a zero landing due to avoiding a pilot in the landing zone, the
rest of my  landings were near perfect.  But it was air time that really made
the  difference today.

The air got really cold and windy, actually switching its direction 180
degrees at one point.

Rick Eckel put his Perfect up on a down wind launch and I think didn't  get
much more than about 200' and upon release, the model refused to begin  flying.
 It looked like it was going to be an up and down flight, but he  hooked up
almost just above the landing area to work it to a max.

My Supra was very friendly even on the downwind launches, but for those
three flights, just couldn't do it 'for' me.

Often I am asked "how much does it weigh?"  The only thing I know is  that
when its in my pickup and pull into a truck weigh station, if they see the
model in the back they wave me off for fear of damaging the scale.

I let every one pick it up (after signing a liability release for their
backs) to make a guess at the weight.....most offer somewhere in the  80's.

All I know is that she did good today.

Tomorrow? Its another day :-)
Gordy

48)