In a message dated 1/29/08 8:43:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

    Why has every tree strike I've had end up with my prized glider
    stalling straight down on a wing tip. Go figure.

   My first thought was to step into its path and catch it.  My second thought
was to step out of the way to avoid being injured.  The model descended rapidly
accelerating as it traveled.  Of course the battery was dead so I had no
control.  At about 20 feet it pulled out of the dive, flew down the abandoned
street, over the first house on the right, made a left turn and was headed
directly back to me.  I was mesmerized by the scene and could not move.  The
model settled to the ground in the cul de sac and slid to the curb by my feet!
Don Richmond
San Diego, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.hilaunch.com