Congratulations Lincoln, that was an excellent example of Stealth Humor.  :)>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 23:17:13 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
Soaring@airage.com> Subject: [RCSE] Re:Stretching things a bit? > > Of course I
was being completely serious with no attempt at humor. And > it couldn't
possibly be that I was reacting to "always" rather than "KISS".> > I would go
so far as to say the KISS is usually the right way to go.> > > [EMAIL
PROTECTED] wrote:> >> >Aren't you confusing simple with simplistic? The KISS
philosophy is a principle of operation, not a knee jerk reaction. You can
simplify by using high quality components designed for a specific job, or using
something overdisigned for the job. Just because a part is offered by a
reputable manufacturer doesn't mean its the ultimate solution for all users in
all situations. Its generally an adequate compromise. If you feel you need
more, get more. > >> >But taking this idea in a nonsense direction is, well,
nonsense.> >> >Jim Thomas> >> >Lincoln Ross wrote:> >If KISS is always better,
why are we using ailerons and flaps snip> > > >> RCSE-List facilities provided
by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as
Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format