Per Fritz Bien's suggestion, I drilled a hole in mine behind the existing hook and glued in a dowel.with CA (mine is 5/16" dia, not sure what Fritz used). Then I drilled a hole in the dowel and screwed in one of those rebent cup hook with wood thread towhooks. Mine is about 1/4" aft of the aftmost part of the plastic hook platform, or maybe 15 1/8" back from the nose. (But it's more accurate to measure from the hook.) :aunches fine. I think Fritz goes another 1/8" back, but I think he likes the cg to be further back than I do. Only drawback is that you can't get a clean hole with a standard drill bit, although I'm sure there's a way to get one. I had to throw in a lot of glue.Fritz launched his very hard many times before a defect in the cover over the wing rod area let go.

I don't know if they meant it that way, but the EZ glider is a pretty good thermal glider, and I don't really try to get it to roll fast. It's really necessary to use the rudder if you want it to turn well.

I think the instructions that come with it say you can use an 8mm threaded rod for ballast inside the wing rod. I use 1/4" straight rod. Speeds it up quite a bit.

The EZ glider is pretty fast for it's weight, and with the ballast it's faster. I found it fun on some gusty days with small thermals, though I admit it's not aerobatic. But don't trust me because I spend quite a bit of time flying floaters. Still, it's not hopeless when you put the nose down. What's weird about it, though, is how fast it loses energy when you come in for a landing and slow down a bit. Not a lot of momentum, somehow. Haven't got a technical explanation figured out yet.

MM wrote:

Mine didn't come with a hook, where is the best
position?
(I do seem to have some bungees handy!)
Also, is there a specific weight that will cause this
thing to get "on step" and really fly or is it doomed to
be a floater?
I have only flown it for a few short flights, a couple in
gusting wind and although it seems to penetrate ok,
it always seems to be more of a mushy floater.
I can't imagine a roll unless it was in a vertical dive!

MM