Got up, got out of bed, grab my hat and went to...the garage to load up my
planes.

Drove over to our club mascot's house and drug him and his stuff out to  the
field with me.

It was windy already and cool but workable.

Lee had a little Saggittish looking HLG that he'd picked up at some swap
meet so we got it balanced and programmed, then hooked it up to a high start
and
he got to flying.  The kid is amazing. At that point the wind was really
howling, 80% of the guys flying out there would have been either way down wind
or crashed!

The turbulence got to be incredible, so I put my WHCLSupra together of
course :-).

I hooked it to his standard high start and stretch it as far as I had room
to go, and then watched it pull back behind me on the launch.  I got some
pretty fantastic launches off that skinny piece of rubber and even hooked up
once
in a tornado like thermal, but also had my plane flipped and spun a few
times too.

It was ugly now...  I decided to pack up but Lee decided to chuck  his ship a
dozen more times.. He never let it get behind him and he always kept  the
nose into the gale on landings....

It was off to Culvers for butterburgers and Sundays.  A treat well  earned.
:-)

You?
Gordy

48)