Just got to thinking, since Futa and Airtronics are using a shielded wire,
the shielding grounded to the board (same as the negative battery wire) to
trick  the RX into thinking that there is no extension...the solution mentioned
in
Mike  Lee and Dick Barker's thread might be improved by using small shielded
wire (no  I don't have source for micro shielded wire to use) .

Simply shrink tube the inner wire which will end at the 31mm whiskers along
side the existing RX whiskers, and solder a servo wire (black wire) to the
shielding.  Then plug that into any open port on the rx to make the ground
connection.

I'm GUESSING that it would make that extension wire of any length invisible
to the system as the shielding does on the other brands with their longer
whisker carriers.

Did I mention I pity the fool who doesn't use a 2.4 RX with a  'tattle tale'
device (Flight Logger) in their expensive molded  ship?
Gordy

In a message dated 2/27/2008 9:51:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,