Gordy,
 I am glad to see that you are now discovering 2.4 and the wonderful
advantages it brings to us.
I would like to comment on a couple of points that you brought forth in the
article penned by Dale.
Before I start I want you to know that I think it is great that there is
more than one approach to the integration of 2.4 for RC. Kind of reminds me of
VHS and Beta Max. Was one better than the other? From a technical point of
view,  Beta Max was probably better, but in the end the consumer made the
choice
and  VHS won out. I started flying for Horizon Team JR last July. I tried 2.4
in  August and have flown very few models on 72 since then. I was the one that
requested that Samba and Lubos make glass nosed models for their competition
models. I saw this as an easy way for the average modeler to get a clean, no
hassle installation.
I can remember when the Sailplane Manufacturers started making fuses with
the Hybrid Carbon Kevlar fabrics. Some worked fine with 72mhz others defied
explanation and required antenna extensions and careful antenna placement. I
read Dales article and noted that his requirements for a better system are
different from mine. The first point I would like to make is that from the
reading
I have done multiple Rx's for 2.4 in a system is an advantage. Because  of
the potential for blocking and orientation issues as the model is maneuvered
around the sky, multiple Rx's allow for the system to maintain optimal signal
quality. Using a Data Logger is not a crutch for a poorly designed system.  It
is a tool that is easily used by a modeler to optimize his Rx  installation,
and give him real data so he knows how good, good is. In the old  days with 72,
I installed the antenna extension, and test flew the model. I  would test the
installation by flying the model at various distances and then  aiming the
tip of the antenna and watch for the Airtronics right flap drop.  I then
started
collapsing the TX antenna and checking aircraft response..not  very
scientific, but in the end I had a good idea how far away I could fly my  model.
So now with the Data Logger I know how well my Rx is working and if the
install is optimized. I use and recommend the JR 9303 2.4 system with the 921
Rx.
I have the system installed in My Pike Perfect SL and have had flawless
performance from this combo. Note that it is a very clean and easy installation

with all radio components in the nose and no antennas exposed from the vehicle.
 By the way JR does sell several Rx's on 2.4 that don't use a remote Rx. We
fly these in Park flyers and other Aircraft that don't have the complication
of  Materials and Range requirements of our Sailplanes.
For me the Spread Spektrum Systems offers excellent performance, and a
complete line of systems and components to best fit my requirements.
For those of you using the FASST system that doesn't have the Data Logger
capability how do you know how well your system is working?
Which is the Better System? Time will tell us but I know where I am putting
my money.
Best Regards Larry Jolly Team JR Air-Heli Pilot

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)