HLG Enthusiasts Worldwide:

The Torrey Pines Gulls and HORIZON HOBBY and JR Radios, our 2008 Co-Hosts,
are please to announce that the 15th IHLGF will be held June 7-8, 2008 in
Poway, CA (30 miles northeast of downtown San Diego). This great event will
have a few new wrinkles. This year we will be using the newly adopted
international FAI F3K Rules and tasks. We have made a few exceptions to the
rules but they are mainly Poway field specific. As I went through the F3K
Rules (which include the tasks), I was surprised at how close they are to
those that we have used for years. I guess that original input we made to
the F3K process years ago, plus the influence of the international pilots
that have participated in the IHLGF over the years, actually had some
influence on the final product.

The other wrinkle is that we are opening up entry for the IHLGF 2008
immediately. You don't need to wait till April 1st as in the past. Click on
the IHLGF 2008 website and get all the information on the event and register
while you are at it. Here is the link:
http://www.torreypinesgulls.org/2008IHLGF.htm

There is some anticipation that there will be a F3K World Championships held
in 2009. Confirmation of this will not be known until after the FAI meetings
in March. Should this come to pass, the IHLGF will be at the top of the list
as one of the qualifier contests for the selection of the USA F3K Team.  We
had actually decided to change over to the F3K Rules before we knew of a F3K
World Championship simply because it just made sense to do so; especially
since they are so close to what we have been flying for years. This way, we
are all on the same page.

By the way, we already have commitments from four pilots from Argentina and
four from New Zealand.

We look forward to seeing you the first full weekend in June. If I can be of
any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Ron

Ron Scharck, Co-Chairman

IHLGF 2008 Committee

6005 Hidden Valley Rd., Ste. 200