I don't have to compensate by anticipating the lag.
I  will add this and leave it alone.  My flying went from constant correcting
 of over correcting to having the plane respond the way I wanted it.  And
nothing, not practice, faster servos, expo, dual rates, speed, etc... improved
the 'smoothness' of my flying like the spektrum.

After flying my Worlds Heaviest Carbon Lite Supra 2.4 Sputnik  antennae at
the Florida contest...I learned that there was a possibility that  the radio
could actually affect the flight characteristics!

I hadn't had a chance to fly the Sputnik system (used for nose  cone installs
because it ends up with 4 little wires sticking out around the  circumference
of the pod just behind the nose cone joint). I'd only did some  ground range
testing before it had gotten too dark to see.

So the first actual flights were a few practice flights off the  winch before
the contest started.  The Flight Log numbers sucked...some  were in the
900's, but didn't get any holds.  Mostly ups and downs because  there wasn't a
lot
of time before the first round started.

I'd decided to use it for the contest and to watch the numbers  after every
flight. Of course I forgot my Flight Logger at home, but Jim McC had  his along
and let me take reading each flight (you plug it in after the flight  but
before turning off the RX system).

The air was smooth, almost no wind, and warm.  Plenty of  birds soaring too,
yet I managed to get a max of only 3:15mins out of the 4  rounds, which put me
at second to the bottom, and the plane had flown thru the  landing zone
almost hitting me and my timer twice!

The numbers were pretty consistent, but I was getting 1 Hold per
flight....but the numbers didn't reflect the control during the flight....or at
 least
they ought to have been worse, because at no time was the plane actually  doing
what I was asking with my thumb.

I decided to be safe I'd put her away and dug out my Pike Giant  (pretty much
a slope racing foil that they'd increased the flap size on for F3J  work).  I
personally love this ship for TD but she'd been resting in her  bag for about
2 years...unflown due to affairs with my Sharon last year and  the Supra this
year.

The reason the Giant was along with me on this contest trip was  that it got
the Spectrum 2.4 Catfish antennae install figured out by Dan  F.  Remote stuck
to the canopy inside with its whisker sticking thru the  top of the canopy,
and the main in the nose with a whisker out each lower side,  only one whisker
extended via the shrink tube method, all at the sacred 31mm  exposed.  This
system tested that night at home perfectly, never a number  over 150...

After round 7 and the contest ended (MOM Seeded by the  way)  the Flight Log
numbers echoed my test results of numbers all well  under 150 no holds and no
feeling of any thing fishy (well other than the  nose looking like a catfish
:-). My times were maxes with my usual 2 seconds,  and the three landings...75,
100, 100...and a move up to second place over  all.

So...apologies sort of to Jay poo poo'ing his comments on the  value of a
fast responding system...or at least having a slow responding one can  really
hurt your scores and flying :-).

Or maybe a heads up to new 2.4 system users who have a brand  that doesn't
offer a 'tattle tale' device to visually check what came and  didn't....if your
flying seems to have taken a dive since switching over to a  new 2.4 digital
system, put your 72 back in and fly a few rounds to compare  results.  Sudden
bad scores to a normally good scoring pilot might  just be a bad
connection...the words may be only partially getting through to  your surfaces.

Gordy
Raining today in Kentucky...but I still love KY!  :-)