Hi, I have a new 80 series Carbon Perfect with socks on all control
surfaces.

I was planning to use JR DS368 servos on the wing including flaps. I
hear that DS3402s are preferred to prevent flutter?

I note that the 368 is only 10% less powerful than the 3402 but does
have a smaller case so is harder to mount stiffly.

Flutter is usually a function of stiffness, Stiffer the flap and its
linkages then the higher the flutter speed.

I would try and tie the servo into both top and bottom skin to improve
rigidity.

Can I have some expert comment from those who have been there and done
that including anyone who has had the dreaded Perfect Flutter (shower of
carbon bits). Craig??

Allan in NZ

error please notify Safe Air Ltd immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Safe Air.
For more information on the Safe Air Group, visit us online
at http://www.safeair.co.nz/