Burt,

I used to work for a company that was associated with tapes.

Try http://www.azcoat.com

I have used some sample polyester films on my F3B (small) ship a while
back, and on my Current DLG hinges.

It is polyester, fairly thin, clear.  I have not been disappointed.  If
they won't give you a sample, ping me and I'll send a sample as I have
alot.

You can then ask then for a quote.

Chris