I've seen this topic for years and so decided to see what it would take to
break a 1/8" carbon rod with my hands which have considerably higher bending
capability than a stab on one side of a vertical.

Try it for yourself, try to use your hands to break a 1/8" carbon rod, just
past half way along its length.
It will be interesting to hear your findings bout how easy or hard it
is...and why it might be possible for a stab to put that kind of force on the
rod,
with out it breaking first.

Note I didn't say it was hard, I'm asking you interested parties and
suggesters to 'do' something then report.
Gordy

In a message dated 4/25/2008 9:55:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,