One more thing that I discovered yesterday trying to make that 30 all
day.

My elevator servo stopped working in flight, and I managed to 'land' it
three times using flaps to loop it down to flat tall grass landings and
once to a soft dirt dork. That Supra is one tough airframe.

But in all that, something really important and valuable came out of
those 'crashes'.

When I did tests using all the ideas guys had used to adapt 2.4 to
carbon nose cone fuses, I found that the simplest and 'best' was Don
Barker's Sputnik install.  The 4 extended whisker routed out behind the
nose cone lip at 10-2-4-8 o'clock around its circumference.

I tried to make it 'not' work, and tried to improve on it using the
advice of -2.4 Techs- and using special 2.4 extension antenna wires.  In
the end, Don's was as good as it gets...and again simple.

The Flight Log data was repeated time after time..and all good.  But
about a month or so back I flew at a contest in Orlando...calm air, warm
temps, 8min tasks.... should have been a no brainier but for some reason
my Supra was not 'flying'.  The best I could do was 3 1/2min out of 4
rounds!  It just wasn't listening..the funny thing was that the Flight
log didn't show one Hold...lots of fades but no holds but I was sure
that I was not in control of the model a lot of the time. (never
suspecting a dead spot on my elevator motor commutator).

I sent a note to the Horizon guys, asking if they could figure out what
was wrong with my 'radio'?  Of course there as nothing wrong with my
radio and that was confirmed by the Flight Log's numbers.

I switched to a Pike Giant (F3B/Slope Racer) that I love for Thermal
Comps because its so challenging, and the next three rounds where all
with in 2 seconds of perfect..one 75 and two 100 landings....versus
almost cutting me and my timer in half with two of the previous 4
flights.

The Barker install puts the two RXs on top of my elevator and rudder
servos which lay on their sides in my fuse.

After that I flew the Supra a lot and didn't seem to have that kind of
lack of control again but was suddenly seeing numbers every flight of
999! and HOLDs too.

I'd contacted Don he confirmed it was crazy that the numbers had
changed that much. Something was weird...and it wasn't like the
RX's...or their antenna.

Yesterday when I my elevator stopped moving, and found that it would
stop at a specific point as if it were unplugged..intermittently...and
after the third crash, I switched the rudder servo with the elevator
servo...I was determined to get a 30...figuring I could get away with a
locked rudder (it would stop only about 1/4" off center, but would move
if I cycled the stick).

Of course I didn't factor in that it might also be upping the current
drain on the system....and that's the point where all this is leading
to...

The 999 readings I was getting were only on the main RX antennas!  The
remote stayed consistent...and the main was perched on top that injured
servo!  When I switched servos, the main now perched on a healthy
servo..the numbers from those flights were back to normal with no
holds!

So I am thinking that the servo amp/motor was likely radiating, causing
interference to the RX perched on top of it...or if not that the current
spikes possibly.

A lot to learn about this 2.4 stuff.
Gordy

--