Gordy,
It's still a contest EVEN IF YOU, THE INFAMOUS GORDY, ARE NOT FLYING IN IT!

The guys I know are not into "playing loopholes". They just like to fly electric sometimes. At least two of us are LSF Level 4, and we didn't use electric motors in our gliders for that.

My electric model weighs about the same as it did as a pure glider with the older gear when it was made. It takes 30 seconds to get to 200 or 300 feet.

My fingers are tired.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

*In the Year 2424....*
*When we can't use winches or high starts any more...TD sailplaners will not be interested in bigger motors, because we were never interested in any motors. And if you actually flew contests you'd find that the dreaded 'they' don't exist, there is only us guys, pals interested in flying together and trying to do the task well.* *"They" you know those other guys, not me and you who would do anything to win, would find any loop hole to win.....don't exist...if they did...... I would have MET them, by now. They few who got lured by the dark side, hoping to use loopholes to win instead of practice, and study to win, don't.* ** *This is the kind of thinking that got 'electric powered sailplanes' where they are today. Guys more interested in the power packages than the soaring part, where the power package is more important than learning to read air, use air and make landings, where the power package is the primary focus in the model.* ** *One more time, the only reason a TD guy would ever put a motor in his plane at all is if he couldn't get his sailplane to altitude with any other way....in the year 2424.* ** *Lincoln, I'm sorry that you know and fly with so many guys interested in playing the loopholes rather than sharing the fun with friends.,,I guess I haven't flown with any of your flying buddies if they are prone to win at any cost.* ** *And by the way....for the time being we can still use winches and hi starts, so lets not worry too much about your friends trying to use the rules to get an edge....we have a few years to work out the details of using electric motors in the noses of sailplanes, instead of using winches or high starts.*
*
Gordy*
ficient used cars <http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007>.