I've gotten several private emails from concerned people regarding the mid air
collision of two medical helicopters in Flagstaff AZ where at least 7 people
were killed. I am alive and well but a little numb right now.

Many know that I fly medical helicopters for AirEvac a division of PHI, Inc.
I'm based out of Yuma AZ and have the night shift this week. I'm on duty now.
Our company had a fatal accident 3 weeks ago in TX and one of our AZ aircraft
crashed on Friday night injuring the 3 crew members as they were landing at an
accident scene.

The tragedy today was witnessed by some of our employees who were at the
Flagstaff hospital visiting our employees injured Friday.

I am thankful for the many friends I have in the soaring community and the many
emails I've received checking on my welfare. Thank you. For those so inclined
please put these people on your prayer list.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ