I have to tell you guys that I am sick today....I picked up a summer cold
that's got me lower than I've been in a lot of years, but when I dialed into
the
 F3j World site this morning...things got worse...

Cody had taken a zero for landing out..and that slid him off the leader
board....and I am totally depressed about it, because in all my time of flying,
have met some great guys, and some great young guys, but Cody is someone that
 I have come to respect on a level like my own son.  He has consistently
represented the best in all of the USA Soaring Community...so my heart goes out

to him today... and I urge all American soaring guys to applaud Cody Remington
 and his work, performance and just plain class as a young man.

And then I got happy, REALLY happy!  The sun shone in to America's  bedrooms
...DP is in the fly offs!

While it would have been super to have all our seniors in the fly offs, I
think its especially neat to have our own three peat F3B guy and F3J World
Newbie  Daryl Perkins make it!  Despite equipment dramas and  newbie  (okay I
get
to tease him a bit here)  jitters, his teammates  managed to keep him focus'd !

I know that the guys in that group are fantastic fliers and I've been
fortunate to meet some, even eat lunch with some at the Calgary Worlds, so I
can
tell you that each and everyone are guys who like to fly model sailplanes and
have fun with their friends doing it.

But they aren't the types to give a single second to any one :-).

Applause all around for all out pilots and team members, they earned every
penny donated.

Excited and going flying in Chicago with TK and Jim McCarthy  today....you?

Gordy

fuel-efficient used cars.