Hi guys!

Dave invited me over to his magnificent flying site today to do some
soaring.  The conditions started out kind of hot but a light breeze kicked  in
and
things got really comfortable.

Dave and I put up about a dozen flights each, shooting for 10min  flights and
of course with a landing tape too ...which led to a landing for  quarters
challenge!

I should have known better, because Dave is an excellent stick and  practices
a lot too.  He hit 95+ landings most of the evening!  I  managed one perfect
100 dead on the second to finish off a 10min flight....no  skeg even!

I was flying the Sharon, and he was flying the  Shadow...I have to tell you I
was very much impressed with how the Shadow  launched!  Dave has an
auto-launcher, with is a bit spooky to use at  first but you quickly realize
that it
doesn't make a mistake and the model  is really moving from the moment the
mechanism decided to let the winch line  take possession of the model.

I got a chance to peek at his inner sanctum (shop where he builds all your
guys sailplanes). ...super tidy, I guess that's why his builds are so  perfect!

A fun day had by all.

Thanks Dave!
Gordy
Next stop the contest in Lansing this weekend...er I mean more beaches  ;-)