Wow, not sure where to start.
I guess life for you is so nice that you have to stir some controversy in order
to feel alive? :)

I guess all I can do is look at my personal experience and say that when I am
at out field and there happens to be a problem with a radio in terms of
programming, it is always an Airtronics problem.  Thats why I fly JR.
Mixes mysteriously turning on an undesireable control, surface glitches,
control surfaces not operating at all, control throws creating some sort of
weird creation of one aileron, the rudder and a flap popping up out of thin air
on a program that was solid last week.
Sort of like a ghost in the machine.
The one thing I would like to see in all radios would be a mode that would
display the radio front with an arrow that would jump from switch to switch on
the radio picture so that when you got to the switch you wanted to use, you
could click a button and start programming that switch the way you want it.

But at the end of the day, I like my JR 9303 and wouldn't trade it for a sack
full of stylus's.

No flame suit on here, just a little sunblock.

Tom > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Soaring@airage.com> Subject: [RCSE] JR
blues> Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:09:44 -0500> > > Seems like reinventing the
wheel to me...... but maybe I'm just in a > funny MODE.> > Completely "open"
programming paradigms are not very useful as > evidenced by the lack of success
and popularity (specifically, their > programming) of the ACE and Multiplex
TX's for the "common hobbiest"> > It's a lot simpler to program "functionality"
than servo movement, > etc. because abstractions like "mix" "exponential" etc
are more > desirable (understandable) since a lot of the work is all ready done
> for you.> > But, maybe you guys can find the folks at C Systems Lab and get
them > to program a EEPROM for you with the STYLUS programming or similar so >
you won't have so much trouble with those pesky JRs!> > Or,, maybe, you can
just give your JR a lobotomy? :<)> > (flame suit on)> > D.O.> > > > > On Aug 8,
2008, at 12:39 PM, Soaring wrote:> > > Soaring Fri, 8 Aug 2008 Volume 1 : > >
Number 11521> >> > In this issue:> >> > RE: [RCSE] Re: "I have a Challenge for
JR/Spectrum DSM Radios!"> >> >> >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:12:40 -0400> > From: "Sheldon Smith" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>> > To: "'SteveR'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,> > <soaring@airage.com>> >
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Re: "I have a Challenge for JR/Spectrum DSM > > Radios!"> >
> Sheldon> > ROC, NY> >> > -----Original Message-----> > From: SteveR
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:45 AM> > To:
soaring@airage.com> > Subject: [RCSE] Re: "I have a Challenge for JR/Spectrum
DSM Radios!"> >> >> > I've got a challenge for JR: How about offering open
programming as> > Multiplex does so you can start from a blank sheet of paper
and assign> > all controls, RX port inputs, all servo functions and all mixes
to > > your> > individual specifications. No form of programming is easier or
more> > flexible than this.> >> > I suspect hell will freeze over and Gordy
will retire from the hobby> > before this happens.> >> > Pity,> >> > Steve> >>
>> > -- > > SteveR> >
turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail > > and AOL> > are
generally NOT in text format> >> > ------------------------------> >> > End of
Soaring V1 #11521> > ************************> > RCSE-List facilities provided
by Model Airplane News. Send > > "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to
soaring- > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe > >
messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. > > Email sent
from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are > > generally NOT in text
format> >> > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send
"subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that
subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME
turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are
generally NOT in text format
Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia
Contest
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM