Bill Swingle wrote:
Hold on there!

Carcinogenic, mutanogenic, poisonous!

So, should I be worrying about the times (as a kid) that I used acetone as a hand cleaner to remove things like grease and fiberglass resin? Concerned modelers want to know. Well this one at least.

Sheiiish, here we go. I was not referring to acetone. I was pointing at the chlorinated hydrocarbons (methylene chloride or chloroform) and nitromethane. These can be bad actors.

Simply because you've used a lot of stuff in the past that we now know is evil and you are still alive doesn't mean it's safe.

As chair of the department safety committee I've learned to be anal about certain things.

If you smoke tobacco forget everything I've mentioned above, it's already too late.

If you don't smoke, have used all those evil chemicals and are still alive, don't think you're getting off free. Do you still have all your hair? Do you hit every one of your landings? Can you sleep 12 hours without having to get up to pee? If you can't answer YES to each of those questions, all those chemicals are getting to you! So There!!!
;-)

Cheers,

Bill