To: RCSE
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 2:15 PM
Subject: [RCSE] In Memory of RCSE

The time is now for the end of RCSE.

RCSE has been around forever in Internet years, since the 90's. I can't
even remember when it started. Some of the online stuff goes back to
around 1999, I know I have some stuff back to 1996 and that is
definitely not the oldest stuff.

Posts to the list have gone down, mostly stuff about events that are
happening out there. There hasn't been too much serious discussion in a
while and flame wars, well everyone has been civilized.

The equipment that the list is running on is aging and it's kind of hard
to get excited about a mailing list these days.  RCSE has been around
forever in Internet years, since the early 90's. I can't even remember
when it started. The computer guys at Airage want to shut the server
down as soon as they can. It's not too cool to be running a Windows NT server these days. There are probably other security reasons to shut it
down.

I don't have a shut down date for RCSE, but expect it to be soon. So
if you have any favorite memories, please post them to the list before
it goes away. Maybe you can mention your favorite technical guru's
discussion, flame war or Sal bashing.  And sorry, RCSE won't cover the
infamous challenge by Lucas to Joe.

Thanks for the memories.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring- [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format