Hello James Leary
  You saw it in my shop. It is lithographic aluminum that has been used in
printing.
Some times it gets exposed like film and they have to get rid of it. I have
found it at the surplus metal dealer. I have a lot of it and would be glad to
send anyone a sample large enough to make a set of templets. This type of
aluminum is stiff and will not bend often without cracking. It cuts easy with
scissors and dress it up with a file and polish with 600 grit sand paper. I
have not had any trouble with the hot wire sticking to them. But I have made
a discovery about the use of Teflon tape.
 I just finished cutting some S1223 cores for the USAF and they have a very
high ramp, so I cut some Teflon tape ( about 1/4 inch ) and put it on top of
the templet.
I was suprised at how easy the wire would glide over the templet. Only
problem is that it has to be replaced about every two cores.
  James have you read the article in Model Aviation April issue pg. 110 by
Mike Garton he was writing about the hot boxes that was in the RCSD vol.14
number11. I think it was the first issue that was in the larger format. It
was the article that I wrote and had the photos of all of the hot boxes that
I use to cure my plugs wings and things. He did a really nice job of
explaining why and how you need it. If you get down here again drop in and I
will give you some of that aluminum.
 Call first so I will be home. Later Del     PH 408-629-1325