Paul -

I have recently refilled a pair of Stylus cartridges with 1100's> they fit
like the original 700's and last long enough for any sane human. With a field
charger they are enough for that occasional bout of insanity as well. Last I
heard Johnny Berlin had them ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). You could also get the
cells from E.H.Yost (MrNiCad).

They won't make your 'mitter as heavy as the 1700 cells that the Gordinater
likes, but how often do you really need to fly that long?

happy trails - Rob Glover

<<  Does anyone know a good source of battery cartridges for the Stylus?
 I can't find much on the net.

 After an initial pass at attempting to retrofit the system to use larger
 1700 MAH batteries that I'd rather use multiple cartridges instead,
 and stick with the Stylus engineering.   Seems like having two, or at
 the most three 1100MAH cartridges would do the trick, giving the
 best of all worlds... Reasonable quick-charge time, fairly long flying time,
 and a very quick land and switch batteries once or twice in a day,
 at the most.

 The 1700 MAH batteries are too big to use in a cartridge-like manner, and
 seem to require modifications to the whole battery chamber, and definitely
 aren't removable on the fly.   If I was going to mess with anything at all,
 I would take the stock 700 MAH cartridge itself, open it up and insert
 1500MAH AA-size batteries.  Not sure how feasible that is.  That cartridge
 looks pretty well sealed. A subject for tonight's investigation.

 -Paul