I bought an Alpina 4001 kit a few months back and just started working on
it.  The kit I bought was the "covered" version and I'm curious if anyone
else out there has built one lately.  The catalog says the covered version
has airbrakes installed (as opposed to the ASH-26 which says the airbrakes
are "included").  I can't find any airbrakes installed, unless someone did
an excellent job of hiding the seems of the cover strip.  If the airbrakes
are hidden under the Ultracote, does anyone have the exact measurements of
where I should cut to expose them?  I don't want to be putting a bunch of
holes in the covering looking for the things.  Keep in mind, the top of the
wing is fully sheeted in wood.  I know the ASH has the wing routed for the
airbrakes and the hole is just covered with Ultracote.  If you feel the
covering, you can find the place to cut to mount the airbrakes.  The Alpina
is not like that.  There is no slot routed out in the sheeting that I can
find, besides the airbrakes are supposed to be installed at the factory.
Someone let me know.

A hui hou,

Duane