Needed to replace the Tx battery and sniped the leads where it was patched.
Unfortunately, I did not pay enough attention to polarity - assumed black =
neg. etc.  (This Transmitter does not have the usual JR stick battery pack.)
I make up a new pack and was ready to connect.  OH, oh - no black wire.  It
has a red and WHITE wire.  BUT the orientation of the red wire is opposite
that of my two other JR TXs (and they booth have Red and Black leads).  OK,
looking in the TX with the back off, and focusing on the battery plug
(connector) in the Tx;  IS NEG to the left or right?  Any body out there
still have a Mark VIII?  Any help will be appreciated.  Regis