You know, after seeing all these movies listed, there is not a one that I did not enjoy.  Some carry more enjoyment than others, i.e. 633 Squadron, 12 O'Clock High, Strategic Air Command, Top Gun and the Blue Max.  One that I have not seen on anyones list was a John Wayne movie by the name of The High and the Mighty.  Wayne is an airline pilot who lost his wife and kid in a crash that he was part of the flight crew.  The main part of the movie is about one flight from Hawaii to San Fran in a DC-7? that everyone on board is looking their own demons in the face.  There is a fight and a shot disables an engine and they are loosing fuel, the evil Point of No Return is met and they make SF with engines failing on final.  In typical John Wayne style he strolls away on the ramp like it was no big deal.

Marc Gellart, Lima, OH