I have heard this caution before and wonder where it comes from. Myself and
several flyer at our field (Northern Calif) have carried cell phones for
over a year, while flying and have never experienced any problem. I use a
Vision with a rubber ducky. One flyer has a Futaba and another a JR. Not one
of us has had a problem. I have answered the phone while flying on several
occasions. No problem. Maybe it's a European problem.

Gene