Depends on your visual acuity, wingspan, orientation and sky conditions.  "YMMV".

Use trig for altitude calculations.  a=b(tan alpha) .

--Bill

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:59:56 PST CARL WALTHER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

I was just wondering, how high can I fly my glider before I lose radio
control???   Some say about 1 mile?

How does a 100ft. wingspan glider look from a mile up in the sky?  Or how
can I estimate the altitude?