From:   John Derstine [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, April 24, 2000 12:22 PM
To:     Jerry Craft; RCSE (E-mail)
Subject:        RE: [RCSE] FCC and Major Contests

Rather than take a legalistic view Jerry, take a safety operational view,
and have a ground based scanner(in the impound) at your event to insure any
radio is within spec. Certified or not that is the bottom line. A paper or
document does not a safe radio make.
And besides instrumentsdon't lie. That, in combination with an effective
impound, will make things easier and prevent most arguments. There are those
who will argue anything.
Even if you decide to require paper documentation, use a scanner too.
 John Derstine
E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]