Hi all
I wanted to tell those of you in the greater Los Angeles area to catch the
2nd day of the TD activties next to the Rose Bowl on Sunday morning. While
you are there, check out the outstanding WW1 style parkflier built by Richard
Webster of the Santa Clarita Soaring Association. It flies as well as it
looks. Note the engine turned cowling, the exhaust stacks, machine gun, and
instrument panel. Richard will tell you about the EPP fuselage, the Solartex
covered under cambered wing (I think thats right), and the bungee sprung
landing gear. After you see this piece of artwork, it's looks a little like a
Rumpler Taube, beg him to build you one or at least offer it in kit form, so
us less talented builders can also enjoy this fine flying machine. It runs on
8 x 500AR cells feeding a speed 400 motor, with a 48" span at 20 oz.

BTW, if you see John Roe, ask him in a scolding tone, "What did you DO?".

All in all, a great day for a great event that everyone looks forward to
every year.

Have a great day, John