I am somewhat new to the RC soaring hobby although I did have a 100"
glider about17 years ago.  Back in now and I have almost completed a
"Big Bird" which I have always wanted. Somehow I think it is truly
elegant.  Anyway. I have a Master Airscrew and the plans do show the
installation of that setup and I am wondering if anyone has any
experience with the Big Bird with and without electric power.  I would
assume that it won't soar as well with the electric setup given the
substantial weight but I am certainly open to input. Will it thermal
with the weight of the 7-8 cells and the motor amd gearbox, etc?  It
must be convenient to have the electric power to launch but in the long
run is it worth it.  I know there is no "right answer" but would
appreciate any input.

Thanks.