Title: RE: [RCSE] Flex cables vs carbon rods
Doug, that method is just too cool, great thinking!
Jack Laird

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Boyd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 7:17 AM
To: Jeff Reid; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Flex cables vs carbon rods

Jeff et all,

I don't use cable rods anymore at all. I prefer to use a carbon tube with a carbon rod running inside. I use the rod inside to move the elevator, and the tube on the outside to move the rudder. They run down the fuse unsupported, and have no flex. They support each other (just like a good relationship) and the setup I use in my Psyko (which is really just a copy of the Windfree, just different span, airfoil, tailgroup, and planform) is lighter than the litesteel pushrods that came with it. You have to tie a short pushrod on the outside of the tube with some kevlar thread and CA, but do it right, and you will be rewarded with light, stiff, and best of all slop free controls.

BTW, I wish I invented this, but I COPIED IT fair and square from Bob Dodson, who might hav invented it, or copied it, too.

Doug Boyd