Well, funny you should ask.  Right now I'm looking at the Royal ex2 Digital
Postal Scale.  I understand from poking around the Internet that it's
available at Costco and the like for a mere 25 clams.  It's supposed to weigh
objects up to 4 pounds but there's some easy trick where it'll actually goes
up to 10 pounds.  It only weighs in ounces (i.e. not lbs and ounces, ounces
only) and it does it in .10 oz increments.  If you go to eBay, at
www.ebay.com, and type ``royal digital scale'' or ``royal postal scale''
you'll also find lots of people selling em that way, though for some reason
here the final prices end up being around $30, before shipping; maybe this is
because not everybody (like me) lives around a Costco and can't buy one
there.  In fact, I just might pick me up one.  Frick