Paul,
You can spray the film from the outside, but what works best is to spray the underside
of the film before application, so it doesn't get scratched up. I've also sprayed
the balsa structure itself to give different colors top and bottom, though it's not as
effective as coloring larger areas of the covering. I used transparent monokote
just on the bottom-centert and ips of my Elipstik 460 and it helps orientation quite a
bit, and looks great - very buggy!
Steve Britton

I have a small Electric A/C covered with mylar film.
The Clear covering over balsa frame looks way cool.....
But Clear is hard to stay oriented.

Can I lightly spray paint some stripes over mylar covering?