Eight of our club members played HLG Golf on a local course here in Salt
Lake City, Utah last year and had a blast!  We used the foam swimming pool
noodles that kids play with as flags. The noodles are about 3" in diameter
and 8 feet long. I bought a 4 pack at Costco for around $10-12. You can get
them at K-mart, Wal-Mart, etc. I cut 2 of the orange noodles into 10" pieces
on the band saw.  The first group was responsible for replacing the flag
with the noodle and the last group reversed the process. The noodles were
easy to see and didn't damage the planes. And if you hit one too hard they
pulled out of the hole.

To hole-out, the nose of the plane needed to be within a wingspan 1.5m
(59.05") of the edge of the cup.  Pace of play was a little slower than I
would have liked, but I think we will be better and faster this year.
Winning score for 9 holes was 25, turned in by Blake Nielsen. Longest
drive/flight was 410 yards, by Mikeee Kresser and Mikeee also had a
hole-in-one on a 182 yard par 3. We should have called that one in to the
local paper... 182 yard, Par 3 with a Climaxx!

This was also a great family event as most pilots had their spouse or one of
their kids drive the cart - The drivers had as much fun as the pilots!
Afterwards the winners treated all of us to breakfast.

If you want a copy of the rules, please email me and I will send the MS Word
file to you.  I can also send you picts of the event and the coveted
trophies. I encourage you to add HLG golf to your calendars. It is a great
event!

Thanks - Scott
Soar Utah 2000
September 2-4, 2000