[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I decided to test the last plane (Feather fuse) containing the JR-610M
 receiver. At my home field, with few other pilots, the receiver was fairly
 solid. Immediately, the receiver was inordinately glitchy. I removed the
 rubber ducky from my 8103 and replaced it with the stock antenna. With the
 antenna collapsed, I was getting only ten feet of glitch-free range, not a
 real confidence builder.  >>

Tom, after reading your bad report on the JR 610R at the IHLGF last week, you
have confirmed my findings, that this receiver is not safe to use in a crowd.
 Alone on my own field, I get glitches and don't have the range of my regular
Hitec receivers, but they are usable.  At a contest, or flying with ANY other
transmitter turned on, (not on my channel :-)    they will at some time or
other, even at less than 100' range, violently glitch and send the plane into
the ground, as experienced on three of my HLGs at the two day BASS contest.
On electric's, I found they won't tolerate the electrical noise very well.  I
know there are some who swear by them, I swear AT them.  This morning I
called JR Service to see what had been done in the last five weeks since I
first contacted them, and quit using the receivers. They never called me
back, nor did they keep my name or phone number on file after my complaint. I
was politely told that after JR Service checked the receivers out, they HAVE
no problem with the 610 receiver.  I then told them that a bunch would be
coming back from all of us for a refund, and they could use them themselves
since they see no problem.  In all my years of loyalty defending JR (12
years), I have never been told to go away, you have no problem.  That's it !!
 My four 610 receivers are going back for a refund.  In fact we have a total
of about 15 going back through our distributor (including the rest of the
stock at the distributor's) for refunds.  It's the only way I have to get
their attention.  Now how do I get hold of Karlton ?   :-)
                    Bill Grenoble--  Shermans Dale, PA