Is this is a veiled suggestion that Olympic athletes perform better? Is this
 a premise that their performance is superior because they don't receive
 payment?  If that's your conclusion, you haven't done your research.  >>
Was this an offer to write?  Or just another typical RCSE "when everything is
done and said, more will be said than done?"

Do this:
and see if you can learn how to cut and bag a wing, or layup a fuselage, or
find out where you can even get the supplies or for that matter what supplies
to use!"

If you want to look at pretty pictures get all the other magazines that Dave
and I (and all of the RCSD contributors) subscribe to.  RCSD has had some of
our greatest pilots, designers and builders as its contributors.

They "contribute", they offered the information that makes our sailplanes
what they are today, and becuase of RCSD we know who they are and what they
figured out.

Chuck Anderson's Airfoil Program, Eric Sander's Compufoil came about becuase
of the information shared and the interest spurred in RCSD.

We are all waiting for your contribution of information... RCSD contributors
aren't paid,  but their information isn't compiled for free.  Judy and Jerry
work pretty hard each month on the magazine.

My travels allow me to pick the brains of those of us who have good things
for us to use, and to find out about neat stuff for the hobby and to fly see
or fly virtually every plane out there and to talk to those who build and
sell them.  I have written for MAN and MA and RCM in the past and enjoyed it,
but I am a sailplaner, who likes to build, fly, think and talk sailplanes,
and RCSD is the one place dedicated to that kind of information...for $30 per
year.

All that subscription money goes to pay for the huge 'after TNT BBQ" by the
way, at Judy and Jerry's house :-)

Just remember, when you want to know something about sailplanes, they guy in
your club (or on RCSE) that you go to ask....subscribes and reads RCSD :-)

A simple way to get rid of that source of Sailplane information is to 'not'
subscribe, then the only source of detailed information will be what the
advertisers 'pay'  columnists to write.

Coming up in my column, a review of the amazing Stratos, Patton's New Epp
Spitfire, Horizon's 2m ARF Aspire, and new 'flexible' super glue (no not the
black stuff, this is from a supplier you haven't (and wouldn't have) heard of.
Heck by then its off to California for the Pre-Visalia Slope Adventure....

You can subscribe to RCSD by contacting Judy, at  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks for the interesting comments!
Gordy