Well, I can tell you I've done the opposite. In my electric Zagi I wrap
the receiver in foil to block interference from my battery leads and it
works fine (no more interference). I guess as long as your antenna wire
is away (or going away ) from the foil/metal/carbon it should be fine.

Another idea to keep the weights in place is to wrap them in masking or
strapping tape with the sticky side on the outside. This will also make
a plug and the sticky side will keep it in place.

Quentin