A gadget like that differentiate between pusle out or not from the Rx.
Tx ON, then pulse ON, Tx OFF then no pulse. What that is telling us is
the PPM Rx have a function not so popular to the RC fans is the "mute"
function. Every noticed in the old days TV tune to an empty channel
will flood the speaker with white noise? as oppose to TV today only
give us a blue screen and speaker mute for empty channel? A mute
function do exist in our PPM Rx either intentionally by the original
designer or un intentionally coloned in by some electronic artists of
another vendor. By such function the noise of an empty channel is
gated off from reaching the de-multiplexer, a function that turn pulse
position back to channel specific signal fan out to each servo. A
properly designed muting function also posses a good threshold preset
plus adequate hysteresis to prevent premature muting and spurious
muting in/out oscillation under low input signal condition. In a
sense, muting function can be view as the "lock up" function in a PCM
system. What I am trying to get at is that a good designed muting
function in PPM system should be one that when interference sharp
enough, all servo channel output are cut off immediately thereby
holding the original servo position and by luck glide through the
interference zone. On the other hand, however, a poorly implemented
muting function (or scheme) can cause the spurious in/out muting under
interference or at weak signals that can lead to wild servo movement.
I trust IPD can represent such muting but execute the desire through
our intellegen stored in code inside the Rx. The result should be
better and not worse. Karlton, am I right about that?

YK