I just had a similar poison ivy experience.  Which was truly annoying, as a
beginner I made a dumb choice and crash landed in the bushes.  All because I
decided too early that I could land closer to myself to avoid the long walk
across the field.  Anyway..  to make it worse I was rewarded with poison ivy.

I went online and did quite a bit of research and discovered a drug called
Zanfel (www.zanfel.com)  I heard great things about it from lots of other web
pages, and I spent the 50 bucks to order some.  It is an amazing drug and
works GREAT!!!  It removes the oil from the skin and quickly (within a day or
two) clears up your symptoms. (sp?) Anyway..  I highly recommend it. It works
for poison ivy, sumak, and oak.  Check it out, feel free to email me for more
info.  Also, its important to remove the oil from whatever contacted it by
washing with soap and water.  You must even wash your planes, clothes, shoes
etc.  Once you contact the oil you have about 15 minutes to wash thoroughly
before you are doomed.  The oil can also stick to whatever contacted it for
over a year, so you can continue to make contact with it.  So try washing
when returning from the field if its persistant.  Good Luck.  Hope this helps
others too.  Nick