Thanks, John.  This should be adequate.  I'm still accustomed to larger power planes
and have a mindset of strong, "bulletproof" linkages.  This is, after all, a HLG using
9 oz-in servos which are lightly loaded.

But, still, it's better to fret over the details than have something come unglued in
flight...

Thanks,

--Bill

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:40:53 -0400 John Schmoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 05:08 PM 7/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a pair of 1/8" hollow CF pushrods that I'm going to use on my
Chrysalis HLG.  The ruddervator end will take a 1/32" music wire w/ z-bends
and the servo end will take 1/32" wire w/ clevises.

>What is the ususal way to attach music wire to the CF pushrods?   I figure
that the same attachment as used on wooden pushrods would work: 90-degree
bend in the wire, cross-drill the pushrod, wrap with thread and CA it.

I have been playing around with solid carbon (1/16 inch dia.) pushrods.  I
have found that you can bend the wire to whatever form you want for the
end, and then leave a long straight ( 0.5 inch) section to fit flush
against the side of the carbon rod.  Then take a piece of shrink tubing and
shrink it down over the wire/pushrod section.  Once this is done you can
slide the wire in and out until the control surface is adjusted.  Then wick
some thin Cya glue into the shrink tubing and you are done.  I have pulled
on one of these as hard as I could without ripping open my thumb and it
held, so this is probably all you will ever need for a handlaunch.
I saw a neat alternative to z bends at one of our recent handlaunch
contests.  The builder had used straight pins bent 90 degrees near the
heads instead of z bends.  A simple, neat connection.  I am going to use
this (using #18 brads instead of pins) for a Zagi Razor I am building.
One nice thing about using the shrink tubing/ Cya combination is that you
can peel off the shrink with a razor blade, grab the wire with a pair of
pliers and give it a hard twist to remove it if you need to make repairs.

John Schmoll
Sitting out the NATS this year in Dayton
The weather sure looks nice...