Skip Miller wrote:

> I thought this should be MENTIONED as it hasn't appeared on the exchange.It
> is fairly important, possibly revolutionary(no pun intended)
>
> PAUL SIEGEL out flew everyone flying his own design DISCO besting the field
> of some of the top handlaunch pilots THROWING Disc throw(1 revolution).
>
> This may change the future of handlaunch as now most ALL pilots can start
> the task at the same height(a novel soaring concept).
>
> Yes, there were some top california arms and thumbs in the large entry
> National Handlaunch,as well as last years National Champion,and past Natioal
> Champions in the field. No one stayed with the consistency of Siegel. I'm
> sure there are plenty of excuses below #1, but the discus throw is a fact!
>
> His self developed ship(I know he has a bunch of friends that helped as
> well, but I don't know there names) is fairly traditional in design and
> span, long tail  German fuse, cruciform tail from Mirage, beefed up tip for
> the discus throw.

> It was a very competive field with Siegel 1st, lost his  1st name Miller(not
> me) 2nd, Perkins 3rd and Fox4th.
The Miller was Tom Miller from PA, flying his own design.  Tom lost it
on the last round with a landing that was out by just a few feet.
Probably would have given him enough time.  I think Joe Hahn was 6th, I
was just a few points behind Daryl going into the last round, but Jerry
Robertson hosed me, Joe Hahn, and Mike Fox which bumped Daryl up to 3rd
since he won his group.  I can't complain about 8th since the last time
I flew HLG was the last nats.