In a message dated 07/29/2000 5:11:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Come on, someone has to have the 2 meter results. I couldn't go this
>  year and am living vicariously through the experiences of the others.
>  Someone cough the information.

hmmm...having just returned from Muncie (again) I can say the 2M results were
posted, and I do recall glancing at them, but you'd probably have to
hypnotize me to salvage any memory I may have of them. Besides, I've heard
for years that friends don't let friends fly 2 meter, so I figure all the 2
meter contestants must just be some very unfriendly people that have
alienated all their friends and we probably shouldn't encourage them. I can
say that Daryl "my middle name keeps changing and is usually in quotation
marks" Perkins was number 1 in open class "just TD," followed by Jim Thomas
and Karl Miller (fellow SOAR club member, way to go Karl)! So Daryl takes 3
big events, F3Beep, F3J and unlimited. I think he's starting to get the hang
of it. Today saw Marc Gellart take the Nostalgia contest, abbreviated as it
was by storms that we just managed to avoid, thanks to the weather reporting
courtesy of AMA. Lenny Keer wrested the coveted RES title in a similarly
shortened 2 round RES contest. The organizers of the NATS have really gotten
the running of this affair down to a science. Arriving at the winches felt
very much like parking your car at Disneyland in California. All very well
choreographed. Just follow the simple directions and before you know it
you're being told "Launch 9!" Marna Jeffries runs a very efficient impound
booth. Do not even try to get your transmitter before it has crossed the
rubber yellow line. Severe tire damage will result! Thanks to all for a great
NATS!