The best channels are the ones that no one else is using and that
have no interferance.  :-))

Channels 0-9 are the newer set and are pretty close together so you can
do channel changes by crystal swapping. This is legal in the ham bands.
The 53 Mhz freqs are farther apart and the modules are usually not
designed for crystal changing.

I have not had any interferance on either set of frequencies.

It is a good idea to pick up a scanner (even a cheap one) to check for
clear channel just before each flight.

73 michael N6CHV AMA 77292